Oct 9th, 2023
Updated: Oct 10th, 2023
DIY Fall Decor Made From Packaging Supplies
Creating DIY fall decor using packaging supplies is a creative and sustainable way to add a touch of autumn to your home.
We’ve rounded up our favorite five ideas to get you in the fall mood. These DIY fall decor ideas using packaging supplies are not only easy but also eco-friendly. They'll add a cozy, seasonal touch to your home without breaking the bank.
DIY Cardboard Pumpkin Centerpieces
How do you make a cheap fall centerpiece? Add some “gourd” vibes to your home with DIY cardboard pumpkins. Not only do they add a little fall flair to your table, but they will be a smash with your little ones!
Not only is this fall decor craft kid-friendly, but it requires very few materials - all of which you probably have at home.
DIY Cardboard Pumpkin Materials
How to Make a DIY Cardboard Pumpkin
- Step 1: Cut two pieces of cardboard into two identical pumpkin shapes.
- Step 2: Paint each of the pumpkin pieces orange (or any color you like!). Let dry.
- Step 3: Once dried, paint a green stem at the top of one of the pumpkin shapes. Let it dry.
- Step 4: Glue the two pumpkin shapes together with a small gap between them to create a 3D effect.
- Step 5: (Optional) Wrap twine around the stem for added texture.
Voila! You now have the perfect pumpkin centerpiece for your next fall gathering.
Fall Leaf Garland
Seasonal garland is an easy way to add holiday fun to your home, and you won’t “be-leaf” how easy this fall-themed version is to make.
DIY Cardboard Garland Materials
How to Make Fall Leaf Garland
- Step 1: Draw leaf shapes on your cardboard using a pencil. (Pro tip: Collect fallen leaves before you start and trace them onto your cardboard to make perfect fall leaves!).
- Step 2: Carefully cut out your cardboard leaves.
- Step 3: Paint your fall leaves in various colors. Let them dry completely.
- Step 4: Once dried, use a hole punch to create holes at the top of each leaf.
- Step 5: Thread the twine through each hole to create the garland.
Your guests will fall for this simple fall DIY that elevates any space! Just be careful when hanging these near any open flame or fireplace.
Make-It-Yourself Acorn Wreath
We’re going nuts over this easy fall porch decor idea! If you’re looking to add some seasonal pizzazz to your front door without including a pumpkin, this acorn wreath is a great option.
Acorn Wreath Materials
How to Make an Acorn Wreath
- Step 1: To make the base of your wreath, cut the cardboard into a circle, then cut out the middle.
- Step 2: (Optional) If you want to mimic acorn caps, paint your acorns green. Let them dry completely.
- Step 3: Glue your acorns onto the cardboard base using hot glue.
- Step 4: Attach a loop of twine to the back of the cardboard base or loop ribbon around the top of the wreath for hanging.
Congrats! You’ve just created an adorable fall wreath that nobody will believe started with a piece of cardboard!
DIY Fall Table Runner
Nothing makes a dining room feel cozier than fall table decor, but creating a warm tablescape can add up. Lucky for you, we’ve outlined our steps to creating a DIY fall table runner that will add warmth to your table at little to no cost!
Fall Table Runner Materials
How to Make a DIY Fall Table Runner
- Step 1: Lay the kraft paper on your table and cut to your desired length.
- Step 2: Paint fall-themed designs, such as pumpkins, leaves, acorns, birds, pinecones, apples, etc., on your runner freehand or using leaves or stencils. Let it dry.
How easy is that?! In two simple steps, you can create a lovely fall runner to delight guests all season long.
Fall Jar Lanterns
At Trinity, we have a commitment to zero landfill waste, and there is nothing we love more than getting creative with used packaging supplies. That’s why we love this upcycled lantern craft featuring empty glass jars.
Jar Lantern Materials
How to Make Jar Lanterns
- Step 1: Cut or tear the tissue paper into small squares.
- Step 2: Apply a thin layer of decoupage glue or white glue to the outside of the glass jar.
- Step 3: Stick the tissue paper pieces to the jar, overlapping them to create a colorful mosaic effect.
- Step 4: Once the jar is covered, apply another layer of glue on top of the tissue paper to seal it. Let it dry completely.
- Step 5: Place a tea light inside the lantern to create a warm fall glow.
These fall lanterns don’t just add a layer of coziness to your home; they are a fun project that kids will love!
Fall for Packaging’s Largest Catalog
Autumn isn’t just cozy season - it means that the holidays are right around the corner. If you’re stocking up on packaging supplies for the busy season, check out Trinity Packaging Supply!
Not only do we have packaging’s largest catalog of 80,000+ packaging, janitorial, sanitary, safety, and office supplies, but our revolutionary online catalog delivers low prices and quick lead times on the products you need. Plus, if your business orders packaging supplies in bulk, our National Account Managers can help you get wholesale pricing for even more savings!
Give us a call at (888) 659-0892 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to one of our National Account Managers today.